An education from Lamar Community College is a great investment. It’s also affordable.
Payments, Adjustments, and Refunds
When a student registers for each semester, all charges (tuition, fees, room and board) are due at the time of registration. Credit will be extended only in those instances where the College has an existing contract with an outside agency (this includes various forms of federal and state financial aid), or where prior arrangements have been made with the Business Office.
Students who have an unpaid balance due from a previous semester will be automatically dropped from classes during the first week of the current term. Students who have applied for and have been awarded financial aid must pay the difference, if any, between the actual cost and amount awarded unless they have made prior arrangements with the Business Office.
If a student adds a class (or classes) creating additional charges, all charges are due at that time. If a student drops the class(es), he or she may expect to receive a refund check approximately 6-8 weeks after the Business Office the student completes the appropriate paperwork. This policy applies to all students.
- In person at the Cashier’s Offices located in the Betz Technology Center.
- Online in LopeAccess under the Student Finance tab.
- On the phone with a credit card.
- You will be dropped from your classes and will need to re-enroll in your courses on a space available basis.
- If you are dropped for non-payment, you must re-enroll for courses and payment will be due by the next business day.