Student Loans at LCC
LCC accepts Direct Stafford Student Loans from the U.S. Department of Education. All LCC students may request a student loan. A current FAFSA, Social Security Number and FAFSA PIN are required. Base loan amounts are established by the Department of Education and are as follows:
Freshman (less than 30 credits earned): $3500 per academic year
Sophomore (30 or more credits earned): $4500 per academic year
Additional loan amounts above the base are considered on a
All students may request a student loan to help cover their educational expenses. A current FAFSA, Social Security Number and FAFSA PIN are required.
- REQUIRED www.studentloans.gov – Complete Master Promissory Note
- REQUIRED www.studentloans.gov – Complete Entrance Counseling
- REQUIRED Complete the loan application form - Direct Loan Application
- REQUIRED Attend an Entrance Counseling Session in-person presented by the LCC Financial Aid Office
- RECOMMENDED www.EducationCents.org – Complete all ten courses on personal finance.
- REQUIRED Complete the loacn application form: Direct Loan Application
- RECOMMENDED www.studentloans.gov – Complete Financial Awareness Counseling
Borrowers Leaving LCC
- REQUIRED www.studentloans.gov – Complete Exit Counseling
- REQUIRED www.studentloans.gov – Complete PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note
- REQUIRED Complete the PLUS Loan application form: Direct PLUS Loan Application
NOTE: For assistance, call Student Loan Support Center at 800.557.7394.
ATTN: Students with Loans
Lamar Community College has partnered with ECMC Solutions to assist you with managing your student loan repayment. This service is of no cost to you; just an added benefit LCC is providing to you to ensure a successful repayment of your loans. Through this service, you will be contacted by ECMC. If requested, it is important that you respond to these calls, letters, e-mails, and texts as soon as possible. ECMC Solutions is not a collection agency—representatives help you by providing information and counseling on the options available to bring your account current. Call 877.331.3262 or visit www.ecmcsolutions.com/resources for more information.