Library | Learning Resource Center
Welcome to the Lamar Community College Library/Learning Resource Center! The Library/Learning Resource Center (LRC) welcomes students as well as community users to make use of our many resources. Learn more about the Library and its collection.
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30am-9:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am-12:00pm
- CLOSED Saturday
- Sunday: 5:00-9:00pm
Our collection includes 10,082 print titles, multiple online databases that provide access to thousands of scholarly articles, over 300 DVDs, and numerous magazines and newspapers (both local and nationwide).
- Click on https://lamarcc.follettdestiny.com
- Select Lamar Community College.
- Select Catalog tab.
- Put in search term and click on “Keyword, Title, Author, Subject, or Series”. (If you press Enter instead of selecting one of the choices, the search defaults to a Keyword search.)
- To learn more about a particular book, click on the Title or the Details button.
Please note: Items designated REF are reference materials and are available for in-library use only.
EBSCOhost periodical database, website search.ebscohost.com
Simply log in with your Student ID (your S#), and search a wide range of resources.
Having trouble logging in? Contact the Library by calling 719.336.1541.
- Language Learning – Supplement your language courses with online lessons from Mango Languages.
- Ask Colorado, a 24 Hour Library Reference Service, hosted by Colorado State Library, must be accessed through the Lamar Public Library website.
- Lamar Public Library
- Lamar Public Library Catalog
- Lamar Ledger archives
- Books may be borrowed for two weeks, DVDs for one week, magazines/newspapers for one week. Items may be renewed, if there are no holds.
- Wireless Internet access on personal devices for students
- Research assistance
We are here to help you locate resources to complete your projects.
- Interlibrary loan
Need an item we don’t have? Through interlibrary loan, you can borrow two items at a time from other libraries. Make your requests at the circulation desk. The borrowing period is determined by the responding library. Please note: It can take up to two weeks or more to receive materials. Out-of-state request fee is $5.00 per item, payable when the request is submitted.
Copies are $0.10 per page. Color printing is not available. The LRC complies with Copyright Law.
There are five computers available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students will log in with their own S number and password. The computers are connected to the library printer, allowing students to print in black and white using funds from their PaperCut account.
- Questions answered.
If we are unable to solve your issue, we will help you find an answer.
- Walter-Hobbs Collection (HOBBS)
This 800-volume collection was donated by former LCC faculty member, Dr. Howard W. Hobbs. The collection features science, military history, and other miscellaneous titles. They are identified in the catalog by the addition of HOBBS to the call numbers and by colored dots on the spines of the books.
- The Professional Collection (PRO) supports faculty members.
LCC & the Lamar Public Library
LCC students also have access to the services and resources provided by the Lamar Public Library located at 102 East Parmenter Street in Lamar. LCC students who use the Lamar Public Library will need to obtain a card issued by the public library. Visit lamarlibrary.colibraries.org to learn more.