Lamar Community College’s COVID-19 Emergency Fund provides assistance to students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately, securing a better financial future.
ELIGIBLE EXPENSES MAY INCLUDE: Food, Housing, Childcare, Health Care, Course Materials, Technology, Tuition Assistance, and Other Critical Needs.
CURRENT STUDENT PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Maximum award not to exceed $750 for students who meet the following criteria:
- Were enrolled at LCC on or before March 13, 2020
- Have been financially impacted by the disruption to campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Have completed a FAFSA (or who are eligible to complete a FAFSA) so will be eligible to apply, regardless of financial aid status.
- LCC’s eligible senior concurrent enrollment high school students will be allowed to apply in a second and third round of funding upon post-graduation enrollment in LCC for Fall Semester 2020 if funds remain available.
Complete and submit the online application below. Your application will typically be reviewed within 1-2 business days and you will be notified through your student portal. If approved, the refund process will pay within 7-14 days.
If you are approved for funding, funds will be distributed through the regular LCC refund process. You should receive your funds within 7-14 days based on the refund preference you have selected through BankMobile. If you have not selected a preference, then BankMobile will mail a paper check to the address on file with BankMobile. Please make sure your address is correct.
To setup a refund preference:
- Please visit this link
- Enter your Personal Code or choose to get an instant Personal Code
- Choose your preferred delivery (if you are having problems, please call the LCC Cashier at 719-336-1593 during regular business hours).
Award: Up to $750.00
First Round Application Deadline: 05/11/2020
Assistance is granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Paying For College
An education from Lamar Community College is a great investment. It’s also affordable.
Payments, Adjustments, and Refunds
When a student registers for each semester, all charges (tuition, fees, room and board) are due at the time of registration. Credit will be extended only in those instances where the College has an existing contract with an outside agency (this includes various forms of federal and state financial aid), or where prior arrangements have been made with the Business Office.
Students who have an unpaid balance due from a previous semester will be automatically dropped from classes during the first week of the current term. Students who have applied for and have been awarded financial aid must pay the difference, if any, between the actual cost and amount awarded unless they have made prior arrangements with the Business Office.
If a student adds a class (or classes) creating additional charges, all charges are due at that time. If a student drops the class(es), he or she may expect to receive a refund check approximately 6-8 weeks after the Business Office the student completes the appropriate paperwork. This policy applies to all students.