Who Can Get a Refund?
If you drop a class prior to the posted census date, you’ll get a full refund of your tuition and fees. After that point, you can still withdraw from a class without grade penalties at anytime during the first 80% of the semester, but you will not be issued a refund.
Information to keep in mind:
- Any refunds due to you, including financial aid disbursement, will be credited through BankMobile, unless payments have been made with a credit card.
- Payments made by credit card will be refunded to the credit card originally used for payment first, when eligible. The credit card refund cannot exceed the original payment from the card; any excess funds will be processed through BankMobile.
- Please note that payment plan enrollment fees are not refundable, no matter when you drop or withdraw from a class.
How and When Will I Get My Money?
All refunds are issued electronically within 14 days of showing up on your account, based on the refund preference you select. Just set up your BankMobile preference using your Refund Selection Kit. You should receive your refund selection kit through the mail, and a selection reminder will be sent to your college-issued email after you’ve registered for classes for the first time.
Follow these four steps to set up your refund selection:
- 1. Visit RefundSelection.com.
- 2. Enter your unique Personal Code.
- 3. Select how you’d like to receive your money.
- 4. Complete your profile.
Refund preferences you can choose from include:
- Funds on your BankMobile Vibe Card (fastest refund, as early as the Friday following aid posting to your account)
- Bank account direct deposit (ACH transfer)
- Paper check (slowest refund)
If you do not select a refund preference a paper check will be issued by BankMobile, mailed to the address on file when your BankMobile record was generated.
How to Get a Refund with BankMobile Disbursements
View our contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank.