Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year are now OPEN! Start your application today to earn scholarships for next year.
While most scholarships have been awarded for the current year, there are still limited scholarships for Spring 2019. For more detailed information on currently available scholarships, call 719.336.1590 or email email@example.com.
Additional scholarships are available through various local, state, and national organizations, including the Foundation for Colorado Community Colleges. Explore these additional opportunities after applying for LCC scholarships above.
Young Women in Public Affairs Scholarship
- Description: Must have volunteer leadership achievements and a dedication to the advancement of the status of women.
- Application Due: February 1, 2019
- Find more information and apply online for the Zonta Club of Prowers County Young Women in Public Affairs Scholarship
LCC & Non-Traditional Scholarships
- Description: Must be a full-time female student from Prowers, Kiowa, Baca or Bent County, CO. working toward a degree which will advance the status of women. Maintain a grade point average (GPA) 3.0 or better.
- Amount: $600 per semester (fall and spring)
- Application Due: April 1, 2019
- Find more information and apply online to the Zonta Club of Prowers County Scholarships
Information for the Walter Ely Memorial Scholarship:
- Description: For individuals who wish to further their education in the fields of Human Services or Education with an emphasis in Special Education. Priority given to those who document a connection to someone with an intellectual and/or developmental disability or a love for recycling.
- Amount: $1,500 total
- Application Due: April 8, 2019, at 12:00pm
- Walter Ely Memorial Scholarship application form
Information for the Ted Geringer Lamar Lions Scholarships:
- Description: Available to two graduating Prowers County seniors attending LCC in 2019-2020 academic year.
- Amount: $500
- Application Due: April 19, 2019
- Ted Geringer Lamar Lions Scholarships application form
Information for the Pueblo Hispanic Education Foundation Scholarships:
- Description: Selection based primarily on an applicant’s financial need, proven academic ability, personal essay, and educational desire, in addition to the following criteria:
- SE Colorado resident
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Amount: $1,000 per semester (fall and spring), $500 PHEF/$500 LCC
- Find more information and apply online for the Pueblo Hispanic Education Foundation Scholarships
Information for the County Sheriffs of Colorado Scholarships:
- Description: Available to permanent residents of alternating counties each year. In example, Baca, Kiowa, and Prowers County residents may apply in even years. Bent, Cheyenne, and Otero scholarships are funded in odd years.
- Amount: $500 annual award
- Application Due: February 2019
- County Sheriffs of Colorado Scholarships application form
Foundation for Colorado Community Colleges Scholarships
The Foundation for Colorado Community Colleges has additional scholarship opportunities for ALL students attending Colorado Community College System-member schools, including Lamar Community College. LCC students regularly receive these scholarships. Apply for FCCC Scholarships
There are multitudes of scholarships available in Colorado and nationwide to qualifying students. For more information about government and organizational scholarships not affiliated with LCC, please visit:
- Sallie Mae College Answer
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- DREAMers Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Association Career & Technical Scholarship Program
- Pinnacol Foundation Scholarship – for child of a worker who was injured or killed in compensable work-related accident in Colorado.
Find Additional Scholarship Funding
- ScholarshipExperts.com Scholarship Search
- CollegeNET – MACH 25 Scholarship Search
- FastWEB Scholarship Search
- Campus Explorer Scholarship Search