Associate of Arts degree
The Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree at Lamar Community College provides a foundation in communications, social and behavioral sciences, the arts and humanities. It is designed primarily for those students intending to continue at a four-year college or university.
A.A. degrees with designation
A.A. degree with emphasis area
Associate of Science Degree
The Associate of Science (A.S.) degree at Lamar Community College provides a foundation in mathematics and the natural sciences. It is designed primarily for those students intending to continue at a four-year college or university.
A.S. degrees with designation
A.S. degrees with emphasis areas
Colorado community colleges and four-year colleges/universities have created transfer agreements for engineering. These agreements differ by the institution to which a student is transferring. See highered.colorado.gov/Academics/Transfers/Students.html to learn more about specific engineering requirements by college. LCC transcripts and diploma do not reflect this emphasis area.
Associate of General Studies Degree
The Associate of General Studies (A.G.S.) degree at Lamar Community College is designed primarily for those students who wish to pursue a broad program of career and transfer coursework without the constraints of subject specialization.
A.G.S. degrees with emphasis areas
Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree at Lamar Community College prepares students for entry-level employment in a given occupation.
In addition to the four degrees available through Lamar Community College, students may earn a Certificate of Study by successfully completing specific sequences of coursework.
- Advanced Horsemanship
- Bookkeeping Clerk
- CISCO Certified Network Associate
- Computer Technician
- Desktop Publishing/Business Graphics
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Fundamental Horse Training
- Hair Stylist
- Historic Preservation – Building Preservation Specialist I
- Historic Preservcation – Building Preservation II
- Historic Preservation Research Specialist
- Microcomputer Applications
- Microsoft Office Suite Master
- Nail Technician
- Nurse Aide
- Small Business Management, Financial Analysis and Planning Certificate
- Small Business Management, Marketing Planning Certificate
- Small Business Management, Marketing & E-Commerce Certificate
- Small Business Management, Records and Computerization Certificate
- Small Business Management, Small Business Planning Certificate
- Starting Colts